I posted a week ago about a name blanket I was making for my Landlord / ladie's son Connor. Tonight I finally finished it, and I'm pleased with how it came out. I used Crochet Kim's great pattern.
I've made this twice in the past, and both times had a bit of difficulty with the heart border. This time the whole thing worked up easily. It's amazing how a little more experience helps!
For some reason, though, my original center panel was way too small. I e-mailed Kim and she told me that it would probably work, but I decided to go ahead and make a new name panel in reverse colors. For some reason the cream color yarn seems heavier, and using the same size hook, the panel came out much larger.
I'm not sure if I prefer it with the same background color all the way through, or with the contrast color in this blanket. I did use a combination of the two color in the border, which I think finishes the blanket nicely.
I hope Connor and his parents like this blanket!
As for the green name panel, I have a friend in Texas with a baby named Connor. I was going to make another blanket for him, but she said she would like a wall hanging for his room. I'm going to try and think of some way to make this decorative and possibly useful, too.