Saturday, October 17, 2009
Blue Baubles


This woven scarf was made with a dark blue and red thread for the warp, and Bernat Super Chunky for the weft.

From a distance it looks like a dark blue solid, but close up it has a lot of color woven in.

I added some blue and clear beads to the fringe for a little extra sparkle.

I have a dear friend who is a very talented and accomplished jewelry designer. From now on, I'll leave the beading to her!!! I love beads, but they're tiny, and stringing beads onto thread takes more patience than comes naturally to me. In the end, I love the look of the beaded fringe, but I don't have what it takes to sit and string beads very often.


7 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Have you tried one of those things that are meant to thread needles? I think that might work, I'm not sure. Might take some trying.

Blogger Wormie said...

That's a good idea! I don't know if it would work or not. I have a bead threader which is basically the same idea, but your idea might be less tedious since you go through the bead - I'll have to try that!

Blogger Sandy said...

Love the look, I do see all the wonderful colors in your scarf; but agree with you...don't think I have the patience to do the bead thing either.

Sandy

Anonymous LORI ANN SCHULTZ said...

Hello My Name is Lori and I live in Columbus, In. we are neighbors! i am very new to crochet and I am trying to teach myself, i have a ? about a pattern I am doing could you tell me a website that I could go to to get an answer. I am working in rounds and it says to dc OVER hdc, what is OVER?? I would appriciate any help.
Thank you, Lori

Blogger Wormie said...

Hi Lori, it's hard to know what "over " means without reading the pattern, but it might mean doing the DC on the top of the HDC or doing it in the same stitch as the hdc.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi here is part of the pattern inst.

ONE COLOR SQUARE (Make 211 CA, 68 CB, and 8
CC): Ch 4, join with a sl st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 3, 2 dc into ring, [ch 2, 3 dc in ring] 3 times; hdc in
top of ch-3 to join and form last sp; TURN.
Thanks, Lori Schultz
Rnd 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, 2 dc over hdc, ch 1, [(3 dc, ch 2, 3
dc) all in next ch-2 sp, ch 1] 3 times, 3 dc over hdc, ch 2; join
with a sl st

Blogger Wormie said...

Lori,

Without actually making the square myself, it sounds like the hdc is used to make the last chain to, so when you turn the work around, you work over the hdc and into the space behind it. Does that make any sense?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG