Monday, August 27, 2007

I love Lyn from Angelcraft's pattern for the Pink Ribbon Chemo Cap, and I plan on making a whole series of these caps to donate with various ribbon colors for cancer awareness. Tonight I made a teal ribbon cap for Ovarian Cancer Awareness.

"Ovarian cancer is a serious and under-recognized threat to women's health.

Ovarian cancer is very treatable when caught early.

Ovarian cancer is difficult to diagnose. Raise Your Awareness.

Early recognition of symptoms is the best way to save women's lives.

Early symptoms include:
Bloating, a feeling of fullness, gas, frequent or urgent urination, nausea, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, menstrual disorders, pain during intercourse, fatigue, backaches.


Take action if any symptoms last more than 2-3 weeks."




This Chemo Cap will be donated to Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo.







1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I HAVE THAT PATTERN TO. SEVERAL OF US MAKE HATS FOR ST. JUDES ONCE A YEAR. I HAD IT PICKED OUT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T SEEM TO HAVE HOLES IN IT.
ALL THE HATS LOOK GREAT. I CHECKED OUT THE SITE ABOUT THE DIFFERENT COLOR RIBBONS. I HAD NO IDEA. THANKS FOR POSTING ABOUT IT.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG