Thursday, November 22, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I've always had this ideal vision of what Thanksgiving should be - a house full of family and friends. Everyone cooking and laughing and eating together. Great food, great friends, great memories.

This year we didn't have a full house. It was just me and hubby and the cats - not my ideal, but a nice relaxing day. We made a full Thanksgiving dinner - no turkey - I don't eat it, and hubby didn't need a whole turkey for himself, but fish and all the fixings - and it was good if I may say so myself.

Despite the lack of a full house and the type of Thanksgiving celebration that I would have loved, we have so much to be thankful for. I'm so blessed to be married to my best friend. Our families are happy and healthy and since we've moved we get to see them all more. We have the best friends that anyone could ask for.

I have a new job - one that I really am enjoying and working for people who I genuinely like and respect. While we haven't yet sold our home, we found a great house to rent - very comfortable and close to work. We love the new town. Our cats give us much love. We're closer to extended family and not quite so far from some of our best friends.

Yes, life is good, and Thanksgiving is the perfect time to count our blessings. I hope that next year we get to celebrate with our family and friends, and that we still enjoy all the blessings that we feel today.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG