Friday, November 07, 2008
4 Generations of slippers






























My great-niece Olivia turned 2 this past week!

We're going to her birthday party tomorrow afternoon, and I'm sure it will be great fun.

Recently her mommy saw some of the slippers that I've made lately, and asked if I would make her a pair. She also asked if I could make a pair for Livie. Well, Livie would require a different pattern, so I used this adorable pattern to make a toddler sized ballet slipper with a strap, and modified the pattern to make a pair for my niece.

It wouldn't be right to go without making a pair for my niece's mom who also celebrated a birthday last week!

Finally, I made a pair for my niece's grandma.

I used fabric puff paint on the bottom of Livie and her Great-Grandma's slippers. I'm told that the puff paint is an easy way to make the bottoms non-slip. I hope it works!


Four generations of slippers - I hope they all fit!


2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Both my slippers and Olivia's fit perfectly! We love them! Thank you for making such a special gift for us! We love you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my slippers...sooo toasty in this miserable Indiana weather. Thanks for making them for me and for everyone else too. It was fun to have you at Olivia's party.
Judy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG