Sunday, October 05, 2008

When hubby and I got engaged, I was still rather new to crochet, but I decided that I wanted to crochet the kippot (head covers) for our wedding. I bought some nice soft black and silver yarn and made simple kippot for our guests and something just a bit fancier for hubby.

Last month, with the high holidays approaching, I wanted to try my hand at some of the really beautiful and intricately designed kippot that I've seen. I think that my skill level is not quite
there yet.

Instead, I bought some very lovely thread. Hubby like the bright colors and I thought that I could make a nice kippah. Unfortunately that yarn was stiff and rather challenging to work with. I did manage a very simple kippah (shown above). Hubby likes it, but it doesn't seem to want to stay put on his head, and it didn't satisfy my nead for something really lovely.

With Yom Kippur just a few days away, I wanted him to have something a bit less "noisy" and really beautiful. Using this pattern, I made the ivory colored kippah above. On my bust head, it seems oddly shaped, but it is soft and a pretty. It's a bit larger than many kippot, and will hold on hubby's head better. I think it came out well.

I still want to try my hand at the more intricately designs patterns. Maybe by this time next year I'll have that art mastered.


Blogger Sara said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

<< Home