Saturday, April 24, 2010
The Fix
I'm not willing to give up on my Cap Sleeve Wrap project. The vest came out too short for me to wear. I don't know if this is because I substituted the yarn in the pattern for a worsted cotton, or if my sizing was just off. In any case, it's not wearable the way it is, so I needed to get a bit creative.

I purchased more of the yarn in a darker shade, and I'm adding a band of color at the waist with a button, and then another band of the base color. My hope is that this will add enough length to allow me to wear the vest, and that the button closure (I purchased a really beautiful large wooden button) will enhance the overall look.

I'm working on the bottom section which I must finish and then sew on, and we'll see what I end up with. Hopefully it will be a workable fix.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'm glad you're not giving up on it, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Blogger sara said...

Good luck! I've got that pattern tucked away somewhere, too. Can't wait to see yours.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG