Thursday, September 14, 2006
Back on the hook

Enough of politics - time to get back to crochet.

Today I took a break from my current big project to try my hand at my first pineapple crochet. I've always admired the lacey detail of pineapples, but they sort of intimidated me. Who knew that they were so simple!

My first one came out too tight and curled, but I realized my mistake and went on to a second. Silly me - I did them connected and then tried to unravel the first, so it's a bit cockeyed, but I think it's not bad for a first attempt.

I see a lot of thread crochet in my future!!!


3 Comments:

Pineapples are definitely fun!

And thread crochet is far more addicting than it looks, though anymore it hurts my hands to do it for too long.

Blogger @Leslie said...

mmm. What would one use a pineapple for? It's very pretty.

Blogger Wormie said...

Hey Leslie - that was my "first" so its just a sort of lame bookmark, but the motif can be made into all sorts of things - bookmarks, afghans, doilies, sweaters. I made two today while waiting for a doctor appointment. They're fun to make, so I'm sure I'll find lots of projects. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG