Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Back to Normal
Well, the baby shower is over. It was wonderful. My niece looks beautiful and she received so many wonderful gifts! It was a really fun day and I'm so glad that I was there (Tropical Storm Ernesto tried to mess with my travel plans, but it all worked out in the end).

Until this little one is born and we know if it's a boy or a girl, I'm taking a break on baby things.

My Mother-in-law is having a hip replacement later this month, so I'm rushing to finish my first pillow-ghan for her. Very simple pattern - it's actually a solid that I hope to embellish with some flowers. When I finish that, I have drawn out the design for my very first original pattern. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I'm trying to get some charity projects in. I sent out another batch of cat toys to the shelter in Anchorage. I've made a few soap savers and when I've made a few more will send them to a friend in my hearts and hands group to send to her son's marine unit. Also working on more hats and lap blankets for Roswell Park Cancer Center and some baby things for Cyndi at Hearts and Hands.

It's been wonderful making things for my grand nieces (or nephew) but its just as rewarding to make goods for charity. :) Not sure when I got so hooked on crochet, but I'm hooked.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG