Wednesday, August 09, 2006
For the love of cats

A friend at Crochetville put out a call for cat toys and blankets for her local shelter in Anchorage, Alaska. As you can see, they have a LOT of residents, and not very plush accommodations. The cats are clean and very well cared for - they just need some good homes.

In the meantime, it's easy to help by donating cat toys, blankets and catnip. Last night in about an hour, I was able to make 12 toys to send. Some are just yarn spirals, others are fabric catnip pouches. It doesn't take much to make a good toy.

I like buying infant socks at the dollar store, stuffing them with cotton balls and catnip and sewing them up. My fur babies love them! They're inexpensive and easy to make, and they're a great size and shape for cats to play with.

If you would like to send something for the kitties let me know and I can give you an address. Or read more about the shelter here.

Many thanks to "Tapanga" for being such a great friend to the cats!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That looks just like my house!
:D

Wonderful charity- thank you for taking care of the kitties, D.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG