Tuesday, August 01, 2006
So pleased with this one!


I just finished this baby blanket, and I'm really pleased with it.

When I saw the pattern I fell in love with it, but was a bit intimidated. It seemed complicated with the chevron pattern and the popcorns (which don't show up well in the photo, but you can see better in the pattern). I wanted to try it though, and I'm so glad that I did!!!

Have I mentioned that my niece is expecting her first baby? Well, I tried to choose a color combination to match the baby's nursery, and I think it looks nice.

I love the way the panels are joined in this pattern. It gives a fun lace-up rope look, but it's actually a very simple assembly.

If you try this pattern, the one suggestion that I have is to map it out by row in chart form. This made it much easier to track my progress and make sure I was completing the pattern correctly. When I finished, the panels were not the same length, and I freaked (just a little) but if you have the correct number of rows, it will assemble just fine.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww so cute :)

Blogger Lisa said...

I think yours is prettier than the one on the pattern.

Blogger Kiki said...

I love your blanket! You did a great job on it. :o)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG