Thursday, June 28, 2007
The Cat in The Hat

My sweet friend Bree saw some of the edged fleece blankets that I've made for Roswell Park Cancer Center and for Project Rest Assured, and surprised me by sending me a beautiful Cat in the Hat fleece blanket to edge and donate.


I don't know anyone at any age who doesn't love Dr. Seuss and Cat in the Hat!


It just happened that a few days before it arrived, I was bargain shopping for yarn and bought this soft peacock blue yarn on sale. The color couldn't have been more perfect! I did a simple shell edging all the way around.


Bree-ghan will be donated to Project Rest Assured - a great charity group that sends hand-crafted afghans to kids in foster care in the Cleveland area.


Thank you, Bree for being so generous! Some child is going to love this!!


3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Awesome. I love the Cat

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please find out and post where your friend got this fabric? I would LOVE to make this for my cousin who is pregnant and doing a "Cat in the Hat" theme for her baby's nursery. She would LOVE it!

Thank you.

Blogger Wormie said...

My friend told me that someone had given her the fleece fabric, so I don't know where it came from. If you google for "Cat in the Hat Fleece" you should find a few options. I didn't find the same pattern as this, but I found some others. I also found some at good prices on Ebay.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG