Thursday, July 05, 2007
My new favorite square
I remember my first granny square. It looked like a snail. It was so pathetic that I mailed it to my friend Bridgette. She is the one that taught me the basics of crochet, and I thought she would get a kick out of it.


It didn't take too many tries before I "got it", and that first granny square was such a rewarding accomplishment. Since then I've made lots of square, but I lose patience for them. Anything over a six inch square starts to feel like torture - and then they need to be joined!!! Oy!


But I do love the look of afghans made from squares, so every now and then I commit myself to the square.


Recently I bought some Caron Simply Soft Brites. I love the colors and think it'll make a really great lapghan to send to Roswell Park Cancer Institute. I found this square pattern in Leisure Arts 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches, and I just love the way it looks.


I have 3 more squares to make, and then I have to wait for the bright yellow yarn that I ordered to join with, but I'm anxious to see if this comes out as cheery as I'm hoping.


So this is my new favorite square pattern!


Of course there are 62 others in the book, and eventually I'll need to try them all.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also "63 More Squares to Crochet" or something like that... It's a "sequel" to the book you have. Gotta love the squares!

Blogger Batya said...

I don't know what I'm doing when I crochet, so I could never follow a pattern.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to make squares. I like this square pattern you are using now and have it in one of my books. I am going to give it a try. I love the colors you have displayed.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG