Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Look Who's Beading!
Some very close friends of mine have become bead addicts, including my dear friend Lynn whose amazing bead and metal jewelry work can be viewed on her blog at Beading Help Web.

For years, I have been in awe of her work, and I've been sorely tempted to try my hand at beading and jewelry making, but I'm a crocheter - if I took up bead-work, when would I crochet?

Problem solved! With bead crochet I can kill two proverbial birds with one stone! (what a horrible expression! I would never knowingly kill a bird!!)

I recently signed up for an on-line bead crochet class with Kathy White. Kathy is amazingly talented - you can see some of her work on her Crochet N Beads site or at her Etsy shop.

The picture above shows the first 16 rows of our class project. It's not perfect, but for my first attempt at bead crochet, I'm very pleased! I thought that the stringing would be very tedious and complicated, but Kathy's instructions are so thorough and well thought out - this has been a great learning experience!

I'm curious to see how this project finishes up - and I'll post more pictures of my progress. Bead crochet is a lot more time consuming than some of the other techniques that I've tried, but its really fun learning something new, and applying what I know to new forms of the craft.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

YOU SEEM TO BEING DOING VERY WELL WITH IT. GOOD LUCK.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG