Sunday, June 01, 2008
Short and Sweet

A few weeks ago we went to visit my niece and her daughter Olivia. On the way up in the car, I worked on a little sweater for Olivia using the Short and Sweet Cardigan pattern on the Lion Brand website.

The sweater was so fast and easy, that I had it almost finished after the 3 hour car ride. It's a great little pattern, and I enjoyed making it.

After my little no-crochet slump, I decided to make another. I liked the pretty colors in the TLC Baby Amore yarn, so I decided to use that. The yarn is thicker than the pattern calls for, so I did a few minor modifications. I followed the stitch count for the smallest size in the instructions, but sized it for a toddler. It only took two evenings to make, and I think it came out cute.

This yarn is a bit warm, but I'm hoping that this will be a cute jacket for a little girl for next fall or Spring.

I'm donation this sweater to Marine Corps Kids.

I think I'm going to make another - this time in cotton. It's getting too hot out to work with warm yarns!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG