Saturday, January 17, 2009
Stash Busting


The thought of stashbusting my yarn makes me laugh. My fleece stash has been growing quite large though, and today the time came to try and get it under control. I spent several hours this afternoon going through my fleece and starting to cut. I cut several pieces to be ready for blankets and jackets, and then cut all the small "scraps" into 8" or 12" squares.

That left me a few larger scrap pieces that I wasn't ready to throw out, so I decided to try trimming a blanket with contrast fabric. The result was this pink blanket. I used an odd sized rectangular of pink fleece, and trimmed it with two strips of patterned teddy bear fleece.

Joining these strips so that the fabric didn't pull or buckle took a few tries, but in the end, I think the blanket is cute. I used a simple shell design to edge the blanket.

This blanket will be going to Marine Corps Kids.


3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I love it! It's beautiful :) I need to go through my stash and see what's in there. Take Care :)

Blogger Sandy said...

Very cute, as always! Thanks for the help finding the bib pattern. It took me several tries to get in their site too, wonder if they were doing maintence or something. Anyway, I printed it off and have it in line.

Thanks again, have a good wk
Sandy

Blogger Jessica said...

Love that blanket! So cute!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG