Thursday, January 01, 2009
Tunisian Scarf

I love the look of Tunisian Crochet, but I don't do it very often. I'm not that good at it (yet) and it takes more work and concentration. There are lots of different techniques that I'd love to learn, but not many resources to teach them. I saw a book that I'd love to buy, but its $100!!! I don't care how good a book it is - $100 is a lot of money - and that was for a used copy!!!

So.... two weeks ago while I was at the hospital with my dad, I started working on a simple Tunisian scarf - mostly for practice. I won't point them out, but there are several mistakes in the scarf - still, overall, I think it looks good.

I'm having trouble keeping the right edge (starting edge) straight. I guess I'm changing tension on the starting stitch, so while the left edge is clean and straight, the right edge is not so lovely. If any reader has advice on that, I'd love it if you'd leave a comment.

In any case, Hubby loves this scarf, so I trimmed it in brown and gave it to him. His jacket is brown with green trim, so it will be a good match.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Love the scarf.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What wonderful colors.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG