Thursday, October 13, 2011
WIPs



I am usually a one project at a time sort of crafter, but now that I'm doing more than on craft, I find my WIPs growing. I think this is a good thing because I have different skill levels with different crafts, so the balance of work keeps me from getting frustrated.

The first photo is my knitting. It's supposed to become a small baby blanket. This project is full of mistakes - no major mistakes, but lots of changes in gauge and some mistakes in texture. This is my first larger knit project, and despite all the mistakes, I suspect to end up with a useable baby blanket. It's clearly a novice piece, but I'm clearly still a novice, and, as they say, practice makes perfect! Many thanks to the ladies at In a Yarn Basket for helping me with this project! Kathy taught me to knit and actually donated this yarn to me for Marine Corps Kids. She also helped me catch all my stitches when my interchangeable needle unscrewed and I risked losing the entire project!

The second photo is my current weaving project. This one was made with the yarn that I won at Sheep Street. The yarn is Araucania Patagonia cotton yarn in reds, and I LOVE it. When I won this yarn, I decided that for once I was going to make something for myself. I'm hoping that will be a beautiful shawl that I'll be able to wear and enjoy. I'm weaving this yarn with a simple cotton khaki colored warp. I really like the way the color presents itself, and can't wait to see the finished project!

The final photo is my crochet project. It is another Wiggles Blanket , and I'm enjoying making this. I think its such a fun pattern and makes a really cute and useable blanket. When this is finished it will also be for Marine Corps Kids.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG