Friday, July 29, 2011
Free Pattern - Pooper Scooper Bag Caddy

When you get a dog, your need for plastic bags goes up. They have business to do, and we have to clean up after them. I keep a stash of plastic bags and Lola’s leash by the front door, and every time I take her out I grab a bag or two.

I generally stuff the bag or bags into my pockets, but then I thought – I crochet! Why not make a little caddy to carry the bags that will hang from the leash. In just a few minutes and a bit of scrap yarn I was able to make a cute caddy.

I use standard grocery store plastic bags to clean up after my dog. The small caddy easily holds 2 bags. If you use smaller bags (like from the newspaper) you can probably fit 3-4 bags in the small size. The larger size is still small enough to hang from the leash, and will easily hold at least 3 grocery bags. This keeps my pockets free, and helps to ensure that I always have bags when I need them.

Supplies:

¼ inch elastic

Thread and sewing needle

Small amount of crochet cotton (I used Sugar ‘n Cream – ¼ skein is more than enough for one caddy)

G Hook

For smaller caddy.

Cut 2 pieces of the elastic to 2.5 inches each.

Sew edges together to form elastic loop

Row 1: Crochet 20 SC stitches into one of the loops so that the yarn covers the loop. Join

Rows 2-9: Chain 3 (counts as first DC). DC in each stitch around. Join with slip stitch.

Row 10: Holding the second elastic loop behind your stitches, SC around catching the elastic in your stitches. Join with slip Stitch.

Row 11. Chain 40. Slip stitch into last stitch in row 10 to create a loop handle.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

For Larger caddy.

Cut 2 pieces of the elastic to 3 inches each.

Sew edges together to form elastic loop

Row 1: Crochet 25 SC stitches into one of the loops so that the yarn covers the loop. Join

Rows 2-10: Chain 3 (counts as first DC). DC in each stitch around. Join with slip stitch.

Row 11: Holding the second elastic loop behind your stitches, SC around catching the elastic in your stitches. Join with slip Stitch.

Row 12. Chain 40. Slip stitch into last stitch in row 10 to create a loop handle.

Fasten off and weave in ends.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Mariah said...

Way cute! Instead of messing with elastic, you can always use hair ties. :) I'm going to make one for my mom!

Blogger Wormie said...

Mariah - what a GREAT idea! Using hair bands will really simplify this pattern and make is super fast and easy. I wish I had thought of that!!!
Thank you!

Blogger Andrea said...

I'm leaving a link to your pattern on my Amazon.com review of Earth Rated Poop Bags!! Hope that is okay!! Great pattern!!

Blogger Andrea said...

I left a review at Amazon of Earth Rated Poop Bags, and with it, a link to your great pattern. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawdy, this is the best pattern i have seen, i gotta crochet this for my dog walks.
thank you for the pattern.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG