Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Life is short


I'm very sad today. My princess kitty died last night.

I've had Birdie since 1995 and she was always a beautiful, sweet, fun, if somewhat dramatic cat. She was always quiet, but she was the intuitive one that would come lay with you when you most needed it. She had a big pudgy belly that waddled when she walked, and when she had something to say she had the most unique way of vocalizing. When she go the kitty crazies, there was never a cuter crazy cat - racing around the house and rocking in the rocking chairs. She love nothing more than a good butt scratch. She loved potato chips, and was the one who would steal food from your plate if you let her.

I loved my Birdie and I always will. Last night she was playing and acting cute. I left the room for 10 minutes, and when I came back she was gone. The shock of it all has me in a daze. I'm glad that she didn't suffer. Whatever happened happened fast. I wish I had the chance to say goodbye and to be there so she didn't have to die alone.

I held her for a long time, and then my honey and I buried her. We miss her so much, but she brought so much to our lives and to our family, and the pain of losing her is shadowed by all the joy she brought over the years.

I'll miss you so, Birdie! You always were a sweetheart. Rest in peace.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up I never was allowed pets, so I had no idea what it was like to love an animal. I have two cats and a new puppy. I lost our first dog of 14 years last May. I so understand and feel for you. What a nice tribute to leave for her.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up I never was allowed pets, so I had no idea what it was like to love an animal. I have two cats and a new puppy. I lost our first dog of 14 years last May. I so understand and feel for you. What a nice tribute to leave for her.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG