Saturday, December 09, 2006
Wips

I'm doing a lot of crochet, but since some things are for holiday gifts, I can't post them here.

The photo above is a scarf that I am making to donate to the Red Scarf project for kids that grew up in foster homes. I'm working it in Tunisian crochet, and I love the way it's coming out. The yarn mixes so many colors - red black, blue, purple white, gold and grey and the way it's "striping" for the scarf is really nice! I got this yarn a while back in a clearance bin at Michael's. Don't remember what it is, but it's soft and warm. It's a sport weight yarn, so the tunisian style makes it light weight but very warm - lots of air between the stitches to capture heat.

Still working on the ripple afghans. It's taking longer than I would like - I usually do one project at a time, but it's going to be nice!!!

I finished one holiday gift project and am working on another.

I just promised my friend's two little boys that I would make them both hats - that should be fun - they're little guys!


2 Comments:

Blogger wendyb532 said...

I love the scarf. I have seen that yarn at Michael's myself and never thought of using it for a scarf. It would make a nice scarf for one of my friends. I will have to go get a few skeins later this week and work fast to finish it before Christmas or else she will get it in January!

Wendyb532

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks, Wendy!
If you know what kind of yarn it is, please let me know. I don't have any of the wrappers and I have no idea who makes it or what it's called. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG