Monday, January 22, 2007
O Baby
Last week I was playing around with a hat pattern. I recorded what I was doing, but half way through I decided it was "odd" so I stopped writing the pattern, but finished the hat. When I tried it on, it was sort of cute! I didn't like the yarn I had used - it was too heavy, and I think the color doesn't work well with the pattern, but I liked the shape and fit of the hat.








I thought it would be a cuter hat if it where done in a darker yarn - something varigated, and if it were made in a smaller size for a child or baby. Last night I made this version:





I like the way it came out.

While the pattern is rather simple, I had a heck of a time putting it into writing. I have a few crocheters from Crochetville testing the pattern for me, and as soon as they give me their thumbs up I'll share this pattern.

I've named this one "O Baby Hat" for a special Baby O that I love very much.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I would love to help crochet hats for this project. I love this pattern =) Would you share it? It might take me a couple of months to get some done (since my 6th child is due in a couple of weeks) but I will make a few.

Blogger Wormie said...

Hi Jen,
I'll be happy to share the pattern. I am offering for free as a charity pattern, and just ask that you make one for Marine Corps Kids. If you send a request to wormswords@gmail.com, I'll e-mail a copy to you.
Thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG