Saturday, January 13, 2007
Textured Mesh Scully Cap Pattern



This is what I've been working on for the last two days.
It's a very simple cap pattern that works up quickly.


Textured Mesh Scully Cap

Worsed Weight Yarn (I used cotton Sugar ‘n Cream)
G hook (for small child/large baby size)
H hook (small adult, large child)
I Hook (for adult average)


Chain 4, join w/ slip stitch to first chain to form a loop.
1) Ch 2 (counts as first dc), 7 DC in the loop, join w/ slip stitch (8 dc) chain 3


2) 2 dc in each stitch, join w/ slip stitch (16 dc) chain 3


3) DC and TC in first (joining) stitch and all the way around (32 stitches). Join w/ slip stitch to top of first DC, Chain 3, TURN


4) TC and SC in next stitch and all the way around (62 stitches). Join w/ slip stitch to top of first tc. Chain 4, turn


5) Skip the TC and dc in the next sc, chain 1, (dc in next sc, chain 1) around. Join w/ slip stitch to third chain of the chain 4 at the start of the row. turn


6) Chain 4, sc in first space, TC and sc in each space around. Join w/ slip stitch, chain 4, turn


7-12) Repeat row 5 and 6 (3 times) 7 8 9 10 11 12


13) repeat row 5


14) sc in each dc and each ch1 space around – join w/ slip stitch


15) chain 1, sc around


16) chain 1, reverse single crochet around. Finish off.






These images are clickable. Believe it or not, they're the same hat - just different lighting. I'm showing both because my styrofoam head is really petite (or I have a really fat head) so that the hat looks quite different on her. It's a fitted cap, not a bucket hat.



Note – I made the adult cap version with an I hook and worsted weight cotton. Had I used another fiber yarn that has more stretch, this hat would have been too large for me. For Acrylic, wool or blends I would recommend an H hook for an average adult.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is TC a triple crochet stitch?

Blogger Wormie said...

Yes, TC = Triple Crochet

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG