Saturday, April 07, 2007
Beaded Babushka



Today I made a kerchief using Nadia's Babushka pattern. I think that these kerhiefs may be great summer options for kids going through chemo. I see a lot of little girls wearing kerchiefs, and I hope that they may work for chemo patients who find full hats too warm for summer weather.

The pattern is fast and easy, and if there is a good reception to them at the Cancer Institute, these are a quick pattern to make for donations.

The little girl that I blogged about yesterday also wanted a hat with yellow and blue and beads and rainbows. Well.... that was hard, but I figured that I could add a rainbow of beads onto this pattern for a cute summer kerchief. This little girl has a beautiful full head of wavy hair, and if she likes it, I think this will look really cute on her.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get measurements of this from you? I need to make one for a 4 year old, and not sure how big to make it. Thanks.

Blogger Wormie said...

I made this so long ago - I really don't have the measurements. The little girl that I made it for was about 4 years old thought, and I know that it was ok for her. Sorry I don't have more information.

Maybe you can ask Nadia at her website. http://naidascrochet.tripod.com/patterns/kerchief.html

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG