Monday, April 13, 2009
Square


Seems like a long time since I've blogged. Things have been busy. I threw out my back (ow!), had several business trips, and had out of town guests for a week. All this interfered with my crochet time.

I did manage to finish these two afghan squares. They're for an afghan that my Knitwitz group is making. I am one of just 3 crocheters in a group of some very talented knitters. I wanted my crocheted squares to be textural and interesting and show how beautiful the hookers craft can be.

I don't think these photos show the patterns well. The first square is a basket-weave pattern. So easy to make, but it looks like "something". I also love that it's two-sided, even though the afghan won't be.

The second square is a cobble-stone pattern made with large bobbles. This one took longer to make, but was lots of fun. It has a rich texture that I think will look nice in the afghan.

Hopefully my schedule will calm down, and I'll get more projects done soon!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Very nice squares. I too love the basket weave stitch. How many stitches did you use? Sometimes I make small squares sometimes larger sections, it's always thick and warm.

Thanks so much for all the support you've offered during these difficult months. I appreciate it a great deal.

Hope things calm down for you soon too. Take care of your back.

Hugs
Sandy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG