Saturday, February 28, 2009
Trying Something New



I just finished this project, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

About 2 years ago I decided that I want a weaving loom. I've never worked on a loom, and I'm not silly enough to invest in one before trying it out, but I think that weaving is something I'll enjoy.

This project is a combination of crochet and weaving. It was inspired by a scarf pattern by Sasha Kagan in her book Crochet Inspiration.

Using 3 colors of Lion Brand Baby Soft Yarn, I crocheted a mesh canvas. Then I wove strands of yarn through the mesh to create a plaid design. It's soft and warm and I love the way it looks.

There is a yarn shop it town that has several looms and offers classes. I think I'm going to have to sign up. This weaving could become an obsession!


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE IT. I SAY GO FOR IT.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG