Saturday, March 15, 2008
For Livie and Friends

Two weeks ago when we visited my family in Fort Wayne, my niece gave me some socks and asked me to make leggings for some of her friend's babies. I love making things for others, so I was glad to do it. These leggings are great for boys or girls, and my niece had purchased men's and women's knee socks. The ladies knee socks were fine. The men's didn't work so well because she purchased thicker socks. My advice - use thin knee socks. Doesn't matter if they're men's or women's, but the socks need to be thin - the more sweater like socks just won't work as well. I think that women's socks offer more fun patterns and colors, and luckily, there are plenty of women's socks in blue, brown and grey patterns that will make fabulous leggings for little boys. One pair that my niece bought were also shorter than a standard knee sock - you can see them above - the gray pair with the snowflake design. This size will be perfect for a newborn baby.

My niece also asked if I would make a few more happy face bibs for Livie and her friends. Of course! I've been quite busy at work, but yesterday I had a last minute business trip to NY. The flights gave me the perfect opportunity to crochet a few bibs, and I added the buttons and happy faces today.

I'm so thrilled to be able to make things for Livie. She's such a delightful baby! Now that we live in Indiana, I get to see her more often, but not enough. I love knowing that she can wear or play with things that I've made for her - even when we're hours away.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Awwwwww! Thanks for the Livie tribute! I love that you love making things for Olivia and her new baby friends. The bibs are adorable and I cannot wait to give them out as gifts. And of course the leggings are great too! She has so many pairs now that we know how easy they are for you to make. Thanks for taking the time to do all of this for us! We cannot wait to see you again! xoxoxoxo

Blogger Kathy said...

THE BIBS ARE SO CUTE. LOVE THE LEGGINGS TO.

Blogger Ghost said...

These bibs are so sweet with such happy colors

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG