Sunday, March 02, 2008
Have Hook will Travel
This weekend hubby and I drove up to visit family. On Saturday we took my Mother-in-law out to lunch for a belated birthday celebration. Then we spent last night and today with my Sister-in-law, Niece and Great Niece! My SIL is an amazing cook, and we were spoiled with an amazing dinner (with home-made cheesecake!), great wine, and a yummy breakfast.

It was a GREAT weekend, and a lot of fun.

Earlier in the week I posted that I had made a hat for my great-niece and that it didn't come out very well. I'm so glad that I decided to give it to her anyway. You must never underestimate the power of an amazingly adorable child to make a hat seem perfect.



This child would be adorable in a potato sack, but I was happy to see her wearing the hat and making it look so cute.

The drive up and back gave us about 6 hours in the car. Hubby drove and I used the time to work on some charity projects. I was able to finish up a fleece blanket that I started earlier in the week, make a matching hat, and make three bibs. All of these will be sent to Marine Corps Kids.


All in all, a really fun, fattening, relaxing and productive weekend!


2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

It was so fun spending time with you! Olivia loves her hat! So does everyone else that sees her in it! Thank you for not tossing it out!

Wow...you were productive on the way home! Why were you in the car for 6 hours though?

Hope to see you both again soon! Hugs & Kisses!

Blogger Kathy said...

LOVE THE HAT. THE HAT MAKES OLIVIA EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG