Sunday, August 30, 2009
Sweet Dream Weaver


Now that I've tried my hand at weaving, I'm a bit obsessed with it. As soon as I got home from the class yesterday I started another project, and I didn't go to sleep until I finished it.

This is far from perfect. There are several mistakes, but overall I'm pleased with the result. I realized few things about technique, too, so this project was a great learning project.

This is a receiving blanket. The warp (vertical yarn) is Patons Grace in lavender, and the weft (horizontal yarn) is Knit Picks Crayon in Azure and Purple. The fabric is very light weight and has a nice drape to it.

This blanket will be donated to Marine Corps Kids.

Now....if I could just get a good night sleep I wouldn't be blogging at silly hours in the morning! I think I need my own sweet dream weaver!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG