Thursday, June 22, 2006
Oh Baby!


After some frustration and struggling, I finally finished the baby book I was working on. It's not perfect, but it's not bad for a first attempt, and I learned a lot doing it. I'll try to make another "perfect" one soon.

First thing I learned - haste makes waste. Measure as you go. It's not entirely my fault. I didn't buy the book for inside until I was halfway done with the cover, and I worked on the cover while out of town when I didn't have a ruler - ergo - the cover was too small. I compensated by adding the white band to the right side. Later I'll sew on letters to say either "Baby" or the baby's name.

The frame on the front is for baby's photo, and inside there are pages to record all of baby's firsts.

Now that I learned the hard way, this book won't be hard to make, and I think it is a nice personal gift for expecting parents.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's beautiful, Wormie. And Brian is a doll for going out that night to get more yarn. And more Cafe Pilon for me...
:D

What a gorgeous gift!

Blogger Margo said...

Now I really like that! Very well done.

That's delightful!

I think you should keep the white band--adding the baby's name is such a wonderful touch and makes it a gift that is uniquely yours.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG